Hey everyone! If you’ve been following me for a while, you know my love for all things Thai and curry. I’ve shared Curried Carrot and Lentil Soup, a beautiful Thai Cabbage Rainbow Salad and also Thai Noodle Stir-Fry. And today’s recipe is my go-to when I’m craving something warm, spicy, delicious and coconutty and most of all quick. This Vegan Thai Red Curry only takes 30 minutes to prepare for a wonderful meal that is filling, will warm you up and impress your friends if need be 🙂
You can use the veggies you love the most (or the ones currently sitting in the fridge, needing to be used up) and serve it over rice, quinoa or noodles, with naan or on its own as a stew. The sauce is fragrant, full of healing spices and has a slightly sweet touch that I love in my curries. This is a perfect meal for these slightly chillier autumn days. Can we stop here for a moment to talk about the wonderfulness that is autumn? The cooler temperatures, the beautiful cloudy skies that paint a different picture every sunrise and sunset, the colourfulness of the trees and the woods… I’m definitely in love with it all.
Another great advantage of this recipe is that it freezes beautifully, so you can make a big batch.
Don’t be put off by the long list of ingredients, it really is easy and quick to prepare. I’ve added a teaspoon of honey, as I like my curries on the sweet side, but feel free to leave it out as the chopped apple already gives the sauce a lovely sweet touch.
Enjoy this lovely curry and enjoy the first days of autumn!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 x 400 ml cans coconut milk
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups apple, diced
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes, finely diced
- 4 cups pumpkin, cubed
- 1 cup red peppers, sliced
- 2 cups brocolli, in florets
- 1 cup spinach, chopped and tightly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, spicy
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, mild
- 1 teaspoon ground aniseed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1/2 - 1 cup water (adjust to your preferred thickness)
- 1/4 cup coriander, chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped and toasted
- 2 cups jasmine or basmati rice
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the red curry paste and a few tablespoons of your coconut milk, mix well and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook until it has turned soft.
- Add the apple, potatoes and pumpkin along with the rest of the coconut milk. Also add all the spices and the honey.
- Let it simmer for about 10 minutes and then add the red peppers and broccoli and cook until all of the veggies are soft (about another 10 minutes). Add water if needed. To finish, add the spinach and coriander.
- Serve with jasmine or basmati rice, garnished with chopped coriander and toasted cashews.
Všetky recepty, ktoré dávaš, vypadajú lákavo. Tento by som si teda dala :). O dva týždne si ho urobíme už spoločne :). Teším sa…