Soooo, are you in full-on-Christmas-preparations-mode yet? Decorating, baking, present buying, Christmas movie watching… (Love Actually anyone? It’s a must every year :))
This Carrot Bundt Cake I bring you today is perfect for this time of year: soft and spongy, spicy and full of flavour and with a wonderful Maple Icing that complements it nicely. And on top of that, the batter is ready in under 10 minutes and then all you need to do is wait an hour for it to come out of the oven. Could it be any easier?
Now, you don’t have to make a bundt cake at all, you can make this Carrot Cake in any kind of form you like, but I wamted to use a gift I got from my Mum, a beautiful pink bundt cake form 🙂 So pretty…
And I decided to add slightly more milk to my icing, as I wanted it quite runny to look pretty on the cake. But if you want to make the standard frosting, omit the milk, or only add a few drops.
Then add a few red and green touches and we’re in a Christmas mood already 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I used 1 cup wholewheat + 1/2 cup white)
- 1 cup raw cane sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground star anise
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 3 - 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Milk to thin it out, if necessary
- Start by preheating the oven to 180ºC.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and then add all the rest of the cake ingredients. Mix well, pour into your prepared bundt form and bake for 1 hour.
- Let the cake cool and in the meantime, prepare your frosting/icing by mixing all of the ingredients. Add the amount of milk according to your desired thickness.
- When the cake has cooled down, spread or pour it on.
Lucka, bábovka vypadá super, ako všetko, čo uvaríš a napečieš. A ešte má aj vianočný look :). Krásne aj fotky, vidieť, že fotokurz prináša svoje ovocie 🙂 .