Short and sweet this week (literally!). A short post and a sweet recipe 😀
I’m still getting over my cold and feeling a bit slow, tired and generally blah… So let’s not waste time and get down to it!
The creation of this Iced Coffee was actually an absolute coincidence whilst trying to use up some leftover full-fat coconut milk, but it is so
that I just HAD to share it with you. Especially since one of my colleagues at work had already asked me for a recipe so it can’t be that bad and it absolutely blew me away. The creaminess and the slight hint of coconut… sooo good.
Since I don’t drink coffee (unless I want to be up until 5 in the morning), I made mine with instant chicory. It doesn’t contain any caffeine, so if you’re trying to quit coffee, this is the perfect replacement.
Just mix together rice milk, coconut milk and instant coffee/chicory and enjoy! If you want it extra frosty, you can freeze the coconut milk into ice cubes, crush in the blender and then mix with the rest of the ingredients. Serve as is or top with whipped coconut cream, sprinkled with raw cacao or shredded coconut.
- 2 cups rice milk (or any other plant based milk)
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee or instant chicory
- sweetener (honey, maple syrup - optional, but with rice milk which is naturally sweet, I didn't need any)
- Mix all ingredients together until the instant coffee or chicory is dissolved.
- Serve as is or decorate with whipped coconut cream, a sprinkle of raw cacao, shredded coconut or anything else you fancy.
- For extra thick & icy coffee, freeze your coconut milk into ice cubes, crush in the blender and then mix with the rest of the ingredients.